John 13:1-20.

John 13.1-20
Jesus Washes the Feet of His Disciples

It was before Passover, and Jesus knew that the time had come for him
to leave this world and to return to the Father. He had always loved
his followers in this world, and he loved them to the very end.

Even before the evening meal started, the devil had made Judas, the
son of Simon Iscariot, decide to betray Jesus.

Jesus knew that he had come from God and would go back to God. He also
knew that the Father had given him complete power. So during the meal
Jesus got up, removed his outer garment, and wrapped a towel around
his waist. He put some water into a large bowl. Then he began washing
his disciples' feet and drying them with the towel he was wearing.

But when he came to Simon Peter, that disciple asked, "Lord, are you
going to wash my feet?"

Jesus answered, "You don't really know what I am doing, but later you
will understand."

"You will never wash my feet!" Peter replied.

"If I don't wash you," Jesus told him, "you don't really belong to me."

Peter said, "Lord, don't wash just my feet. Wash my hands and my head."

Jesus answered, "People who have bathed and are clean all over need to
wash just their feet. And you, my disciples, are clean, except for one
of you." Jesus knew who would betray him. That is why he said,
"except for one of you."

After Jesus had washed his disciples' feet and had put his outer
garment back on, he sat down again. Then he said:

Do you understand what I have done? You call me your teacher and
Lord, and you should, because that is who I am. And if your Lord and
teacher has washed your feet, you should do the same for each other.
I have set the example, and you should do for each other exactly what
I have done for you. I tell you for certain that servants are not
greater than their master, and messengers are not greater than the one
who sent them. You know these things, and God will bless you, if you
do them.

I am not talking about all of you. I know the ones I have chosen. But
what the Scriptures say must come true. And they say, "The man who ate
with me has turned against me!" I am telling you this before it all
happens. Then when it does happen, you will believe who I am. I tell
you for certain that anyone who welcomes my messengers also welcomes
me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)