Zephaniah 2:1-15.

Zephaniah 2.1-15

Turn to the Lord

You disgraceful nation, gather around, before it's too late. The Lord
has set a time when his fierce anger will strike like a storm and
sweep you away. If you humbly obey the Lord, then come and worship
him. If you do right and are humble, perhaps you will be safe on that
day when the Lord turns loose his anger.

Judgment on Philistia

Gaza and Ashkelon will be deserted and left in ruins. Ashdod will be
emptied in broad daylight, and Ekron uprooted. To you people of
Philistia who live along the coast, the Lord has this to say: "I am
now your enemy, and I'll wipe you out!"

Your seacoast will be changed into pastureland and sheep pens. The
Lord God hasn't forgotten those survivors in Judah, and he will help
them- his people will take your land to use for pasture. And when
evening comes, they will rest in houses at Ashkelon.

Judgment on Moab and Ammon

The Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, said: I've heard Moab and
Ammon insult my people and threaten their nation. And so, I swear by
my very life that Moab and Ammon will end up like Sodom and Gomorrah-
covered with thornbushes and salt pits forever. Then my people who
survive will take their land. This is how Moab and Ammon will at last
be repaid for their pride- and for sneering at the nation that belongs
to me, the Lord All-Powerful. I will fiercely attack. Then every god
on this earth will shrink to nothing, and everyone of every nation
will bow down to me, right where they are.

Judgment on Ethiopia

People of Ethiopia, the sword of the Lord will slaughter you!

Judgment on Assyria

The Lord will reach to the north to crush Assyria and overthrow
Nineveh. Herds of wild animals will live in its rubble; all kinds of
desert owls will perch on its stones and hoot in the windows. Noisy
ravens will be heard inside its buildings, stripped bare of cedar.
This is the glorious city that felt secure and said, "I am the only
one!" Now it's merely ruins, a home for wild animals. Every passerby
simply sneers and makes vulgar signs.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)