Ezekiel 34:1-10.

Ezekiel 34:1-10 (Good News Translation)

            1The
           LORD spoke to me.
2"Mortal man," he said,
           "denounce the rulers of Israel. Prophesy to them, and tell
them what I, the Sovereign
           LORD, say to them: You are doomed, you shepherds of Israel!
You take care of yourselves, but never tend the sheep.
 3You drink the milk, wear clothes made from the wool, and kill and eat
the finest sheep. But you never tend the sheep.
            4You have not taken care of the weak ones, healed the ones
that are sick, bandaged the ones that are hurt, brought back the ones that
wandered off, or looked for the ones that were lost. Instead, you treated
them cruelly.

            5Because the sheep had no shepherd, they were scattered, and
wild animals killed and ate them.
 6So my sheep wandered over the high hills and the mountains. They were
scattered over the face of the earth, and no one looked for them or tried
to find them.

            7Now, you shepherds, listen to what I, the
           LORD, am telling you.
 8As surely as I am the living God, you had better listen to me. My sheep
have been attacked by wild animals that killed and ate them because there
was no shepherd. My shepherds did not try to find the sheep. They were
taking care of themselves and not the sheep.
 9So listen to me, you shepherds.
 10I, the Sovereign
           LORD, declare that I am your enemy. I will take my sheep away
from you and never again let you be their shepherds; never again will I
let you take care only of yourselves. I will rescue my sheep from you and
not let you eat them.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24