Luke 12:13-31.

Luke 12:13-31 (Good News Translation)
 13A man in the crowd said to Jesus,
         "Teacher, tell my brother to divide with me the property our
father left us."
          14Jesus answered him,
         "Friend, who gave me the right to judge or to divide the
property between you two?"
          15And he went on to say to them all,
         "Watch out and guard yourselves from every kind of greed;
because your true life is not made up of the things you own, no matter how
rich you may be."
          16Then Jesus told them this parable:
         "There was once a rich man who had land which bore good crops.
          17He began to think to himself,
         'I don't have a place to keep all my crops. What can I do?
          18This is what I will do,
         ' he told himself;
         'I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, where I will
store the grain and all my other goods.

          19Then I will say to myself, Lucky man! You have all the good
things you need for many years. Take life easy, eat, drink, and enjoy
yourself
         '
          20But God said to him,
         "You fool! This very night you will have to give up your life;
then who will get all these things you have kept for yourself?"
         "
          21And Jesus concluded,
         "This is how it is with those who pile up riches for themselves
but are not rich in God's sight."
          22Then Jesus said to the disciples,
         "And so I tell you not to worry about the food you need to
stay alive or about the clothes you need for your body.
          23Life is much more important than food, and the body much more
important than clothes.
          24Look at the crows: they don't plant seeds or gather a
harvest; they don't have storage rooms or barns; God feeds them! You are
worth so much more than birds!
          25Can any of you live a bit longer
          by worrying about it?
          26If you can't manage even such a small thing, why worry about
the other things?

          27Look how the wild flowers grow: they don't work or make
clothes for themselves. But I tell you that not even King Solomon with all
his wealth had clothes as beautiful as one of these flowers.
          28It is God who clothes the wild grass—grass that is here
today and gone tomorrow, burned up in the oven. Won't he be all the more
sure to clothe you? What little faith you have!

          29So don't be all upset, always concerned about what you will
eat and drink.
          30(For the pagans of this world are always concerned about all
these things.) Your Father knows that you need these things.
          31Instead, be concerned with his Kingdom, and he will provide
you with these things.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)