John 14:1-14.

John 14:1-14 (Good News Translation)

1"Do not be worried and upset," Jesus told them.
         Believe
          in God and believe also in me.
          2There are many rooms in my Father's house, and I am going to
prepare a place for you. I would not tell you this if it were not so.
          3And after I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back
and take you to myself, so that you will be where I am.
          4You know the way that leads to the place where I am going.

          5Thomas said to him,
         "Lord, we do not know where you are going; so how can we know
the way to get there?"

          6Jesus answered him,
         I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father
except by me.
          7Now that you have known me,
          he said to them,
         you will know
          my Father also, and from now on you do know him and you have
seen him.

          8Philip said to him,
         "Lord, show us the Father; that is all we need."
          9Jesus answered,
         For a long time I have been with you all; yet you do not know
me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Why, then, do you
say,
         "Show us the Father"?
          10Do you not believe, Philip, that I am in the Father and the
Father is in me? The words that I have spoken to you,
          Jesus said to his disciples,
         do not come from me. The Father, who remains in me, does his own
work.
          11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father
is in me. If not, believe because of the things I do.
          12I am telling you the truth: those who believe in me will do
what I do—yes, they will do even greater things, because I am going to
the Father.
          13And I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the
Father's glory will be shown through the Son.
          14If you ask me
          for anything in my name, I will do it.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24