Ezekiel 37:1-14

Ezekiel 37:1-14 (Good News Translation)

 1I felt the powerful presence of the
           LORD, and his spirit took me and set me down in a valley where
the ground was covered with bones.
            2He led me all around the valley, and I could see that there
were very many bones and that they were very dry.
            3He said to me,
           "Mortal man, can these bones come back to life?"

           I replied,
           Sovereign
           LORD, only you can answer that!

            4He said,
           Prophesy to the bones. Tell these dry bones to listen to the
word of the
           LORD.
            5Tell them that I, the Sovereign
           LORD, am saying to them: I am going to put breath into you and
bring you back to life.
            6I will give you sinews and muscles, and cover you with skin.
I will put breath into you and bring you back to life. Then you will know
that I am the
           LORD.

            7So I prophesied as I had been told. While I was speaking, I
heard a rattling noise, and the bones began to join together.
            8While I watched, the bones were covered with sinews and
muscles, and then with skin. But there was no breath in the bodies.
            9God said to me,
           Mortal man, prophesy to the wind.
            Tell the wind that the Sovereign
           LORD commands it to come from every direction, to breathe into
these dead bodies, and to bring them back to life.


            10So I prophesied as I had been told. Breath entered the
bodies, and they came to life and stood up. There were enough of them to
form an army.
            11God said to me,
           Mortal man, the people of Israel are like these bones. They
say that they are dried up, without any hope and with no future.
            12So prophesy to my people Israel and tell them that I, the
Sovereign
           LORD, am going to open their graves. I am going to take them
out and bring them back to the land of Israel.
            13When I open the graves where my people are buried and bring
them out, they will know that I am the
           LORD.
            14I will put my breath in them, bring them back to life, and
let them live in their own land. Then they will know that I am the
           LORD. I have promised that I would do this—and I will. I,
the
           LORD, have spoken.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24