Ezekiel 36:1-15.

Ezekiel 36:1-15 (Good News Translation)

 1The LORD said,
           Mortal man, speak to the mountains of Israel and tell them to
listen to the message which I,
            2the Sovereign
           LORD, have for them: Israel's enemies gloated and said,
           "Now those ancient hills are ours!"

            3Prophesy, then, and announce what I, the Sovereign
           LORD, am saying. When the neighboring nations captured and
plundered the mountains of Israel, everyone made fun of Israel.
            4So now listen to what I, the Sovereign
           LORD, say to you mountains and hills, to you brooks and
valleys, to you places that were left in ruins, and to you deserted cities
which were plundered and mocked by all the surrounding nations.

            5I, the Sovereign
           LORD, have spoken out in the heat of my anger against the
surrounding nations, and especially against Edom. With glee and contempt
they captured my land and took possession of its pastures.

            6So prophesy to the land of Israel; tell the mountains,
hills, brooks, and valleys what I, the Sovereign
           LORD, am saying in jealous anger because of the way the
nations have insulted and humiliated them.
            7I, the Sovereign
           LORD, solemnly promise that the surrounding nations will be
humiliated.
            8But on the mountains of Israel the trees will again grow
leaves and bear fruit for you, my people Israel. You are going to come
home soon.
            9I am on your side, and I will make sure that your land is
plowed again and crops are planted on it.
            10I will make your population grow. You will live in the
cities and rebuild everything that was left in ruins.
            11I will make people and cattle increase in number. There
will be more of you than ever before, and you will have many children. I
will let you live there as you used to live, and I will make you more
prosperous than ever. Then you will know that I am the
           LORD.
            12I will bring you, my people Israel, back to live again in
the land. It will be your own land, and it will never again let your
children starve.

            13I, the Sovereign
           LORD, say: It is true that people say that the land eats
people and that it robs the nation of its children.
            14But from now on it will no longer eat people and rob you of
your children. I, the Sovereign
           LORD, have spoken.
            15The land will no longer have to listen to the nations
making fun of it or see the peoples sneer at it. The land will no longer
rob the nation of its children. I, the Sovereign
           LORD, have spoken.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24