Ezekiel 3:16-27

Ezekiel 3:16-27 (Good News Translation)

16After the seven days had passed, the
           LORD spoke to me.

            17"Mortal man," he said,
           I am making you a lookout for the nation of Israel. You will
pass on to them the warnings I give you.
            18If I announce that someone evil is going to die but you do
not warn him to change his ways so that he can save his life, he will die,
still a sinner, but I will hold you responsible for his death.
            19If you do warn an evil man and he doesn't stop sinning, he
will die, still a sinner, but your life will be spared.

            20If someone truly good starts doing evil and I put him in a
dangerous situation, he will die if you do not warn him. He will die
because of his sins—I will not remember the good he did—and I will
hold you responsible for his death.
            21If you do warn a good man not to sin and he listens to you
and doesn't sin, he will stay alive, and your life will also be spared.

            22I felt the powerful presence of the
           LORD and heard him say to me,
           "Get up and go out into the valley. I will talk to you there."
            23So I went out into the valley, and there I saw the glory of
the
           LORD, just as I had seen it beside the Chebar River. I fell
face downward on the ground,
            24but God's spirit entered me and raised me to my feet. The
           LORD said to me,
           Go home and shut yourself up in the house.
            25You will be tied with ropes, mortal man, and you will not
be able to go out in public.
            26I will paralyze your tongue so that you won't be able to
warn these rebellious people.
            27Then, when I speak to you again and give you back the power
of speech, you will tell them what I, the Sovereign
           LORD, am saying. Some of them will listen, but some will
ignore you, for they are a nation of rebels.

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24