Act 11:1-18

Acts 11:1-18 (Good News Translation)

1The apostles and the other believers throughout Judea heard that the
Gentiles also had received the word of God.
          2When Peter went to Jerusalem, those who were in favor of
circumcising Gentiles criticized him, saying,

          3"You were a guest in the home of uncircumcised Gentiles, and
you even ate with them!"
          4So Peter gave them a complete account of what had happened
from the very beginning:

          5While I was praying in the city of Joppa, I had a vision. I
saw something coming down that looked like a large sheet being lowered by
its four corners from heaven, and it stopped next to me.
          6I looked closely inside and saw domesticated and wild animals,
reptiles, and wild birds.
          7Then I heard a voice saying to me,
         "Get up, Peter; kill and eat!"
          8But I said,
         "Certainly not, Lord! No ritually unclean or defiled food has
ever entered my mouth."
          9The voice spoke again from heaven,
         "Do not consider anything unclean that God has declared clean."
          10This happened three times, and finally the whole thing was
drawn back up into heaven.
          11At that very moment three men who had been sent to me from
Caesarea arrived at the house where I was
          staying.
          12The Spirit told me to go with them without hesitation. These
six fellow believers from Joppa accompanied me to Caesarea, and we all
went into the house of Cornelius.
          13He told us how he had seen an angel standing in his house,
who said to him,
         Send someone to Joppa for a man whose full name is Simon Peter.
          14He will speak words to you by which you and all your family
will be saved.

          15And when I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came down on them
just as on us at the beginning.

          16Then I remembered what the Lord had said:
         "John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the
Holy Spirit."
          17It is clear that God gave those Gentiles the same gift that
he gave us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ; who was I, then, to
try to stop God!

          18When they heard this, they stopped their criticism and
praised God, saying,
         "Then God has given to the Gentiles also the opportunity to
repent and live!"
 
God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)