1 Corinthians 11:17-34.

1 Corinthians 11:17-34 (Good News Translation)
17the following instructions, however, I do not praise you, because
your meetings for worship actually do more harm than good. 18In the first
place, I have been told that there are opposing groups in your meetings;
and this I believe is partly true. ( 19No doubt there must be divisions
among you so that the ones who are in the right may be clearly seen.)
20When you meet together as a group, it is not the Lord's Supper that you
eat. 21For as you eat, you each go ahead with your own meal, so that some
are hungry while others get drunk. 22Don't you have your own homes in
which to eat and drink? Or would you rather despise the church of God and
put to shame the people who are in need? What do you expect me to say to
you about this? Shall I praise you? Of course I don't! 23For I received
from the Lord the teaching that I passed on to you: that the Lord Jesus,
on the night he was betrayed, took a piece of bread, 24gave thanks to God,
broke it, and said, This is my body, which is for you. Do this in memory of
me. 25In the same way, after the supper he took the cup and said, This cup
is God's new covenant, sealed with my blood. Whenever you drink it, do so
in memory of me. 26This means that every time you eat this bread and drink
from this cup you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 27It follows
that if one of you eats the Lord's bread or drinks from his cup in a way
that dishonors him, you are guilty of sin against the Lord's body and
blood. 28So then, you should each examine yourself first, and then eat the
bread and drink from the cup. 29For if you do not recognize the meaning of
the Lord's body when you eat the bread and drink from the cup, you bring
judgment on yourself as you eat and drink. 30That is why many of you are
sick and weak, and several have died. 31If we would examine ourselves
first, we would not come under God's judgment. 32But we are judged and
punished by the Lord, so that we shall not be condemned together with the
world. 33So then, my friends, when you gather together to eat the Lord's
Supper, wait for one another. 34And if any of you are hungry, you should
eat at home, so that you will not come under God's judgment as you meet
together. As for the other matters, I will settle them when I come.
 
God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Matthew 5:23-24