Psalm 119:49-72.

Psalm 119:49-72 (Good News Translation)
 
49Remember your promise to me, your servant;
it has given me hope. 50Even in my suffering I was comforted
because your promise gave me life. 51The proud are always scornful of me,
but I have not departed from your law. 52I remember your judgments of long
ago,
and they bring me comfort, O Lord. 53When I see the wicked breaking your
law,
I am filled with anger. 54During my brief earthly life
I compose songs about your commands. 55In the night I remember you, Lord,
and I think about your law. 56I find my happiness
in obeying your commands. 57You are all I want, O Lord;
I promise to obey your laws. 58I ask you with all my heart
to have mercy on me, as you have promised! 59I have considered my conduct,
and I promise to follow your instructions. 60Without delay I hurry
to obey your commands. 61The wicked have laid a trap for me,
but I do not forget your law. 62In the middle of the night I wake up
to praise you for your righteous judgments. 63I am a friend of all who
serve you,
of all who obey your laws. 64Lord, the earth is full of your constant
love;
teach me your commandments. 65You have kept your promise, Lord,
and you are good to me, your servant. 66Give me wisdom and knowledge,
because I trust in your commands. 67Before you punished me, I used to go
wrong,
but now I obey your word. 68How good you are—how kind!
Teach me your commands. 69The proud have told lies about me,
but with all my heart I obey your instructions. 70They have no
understanding,
but I find pleasure in your law. 71My punishment was good for me,
because it made me learn your commands. 72The law that you gave means more
to me
than all the money in the world.
 
God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)