Psalm 119:145-176

Psalm 119:145-176 (Good News Translation)
 
145With all my heart I call to you;
answer me, Lord, and I will obey your commands! 146I call to you;
save me, and I will keep your laws. 147Before sunrise I call to you for
help;
I place my hope in your promise. 148All night long I lie awake,
to meditate on your instructions. 149Because your love is constant, hear
me, O Lord;
show your mercy, and preserve my life! 150My cruel persecutors are coming
closer,
people who never keep your law. 151But you are near to me, Lord,
and all your commands are permanent. 152Long ago I learned about your
instructions;
you made them to last forever. 153Look at my suffering, and save me,
because I have not neglected your law. 154Defend my cause, and set me
free;
save me, as you have promised. 155The wicked will not be saved,
for they do not obey your laws. 156But your compassion, Lord, is great;
show your mercy and save me! 157I have many enemies and oppressors,
but I do not fail to obey your laws. 158When I look at those traitors, I
am filled with disgust,
because they do not keep your commands. 159See how I love your
instructions, Lord.
Your love never changes, so save me! 160The heart of your law is truth,
and all your righteous judgments are eternal. 161Powerful people attack me
unjustly,
but I respect your law. 162How happy I am because of your promises—
as happy as someone who finds rich treasure. 163I hate and detest all
lies,
but I love your law. 164Seven times each day I thank you
for your righteous judgments. 165Those who love your law have perfect
security,
and there is nothing that can make them fall. 166I wait for you to save
me, Lord,
and I do what you command. 167I obey your teachings;
I love them with all my heart. 168I obey your commands and your
instructions;
you see everything I do. 169Let my cry for help reach you, Lord!
Give me understanding, as you have promised. 170Listen to my prayer,
and save me according to your promise! 171I will always praise you,
because you teach me your laws. 172I will sing about your law,
because your commands are just. 173Always be ready to help me,
because I follow your commands. 174How I long for your saving help, O
Lord!
I find happiness in your law. 175Give me life, so that I may praise you;
may your instructions help me. 176I wander about like a lost sheep;
so come and look for me, your servant,
because I have not neglected your laws.
 
God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)