Philemon

Philemon (Good News Translation)
 
1From Paul, a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus, and from our brother
Timothy—
To our friend and fellow worker Philemon, 2and the church that meets in
your house, and our sister Apphia, and our fellow soldier Archippus: 3May
God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
4Brother Philemon, every time I pray, I mention you and give thanks to my
God. 5For I hear of your love for all of God's people and the faith you
have in the Lord Jesus. 6My prayer is that our fellowship with you as
believers will bring about a deeper understanding of every blessing which
we have in our life in union with Christ. 7Your love, dear brother, has
brought me great joy and much encouragement! You have cheered the hearts
of all of God's people. 8For this reason I could be bold enough, as your
brother in Christ, to order you to do what should be done. 9But because I
love you, I make a request instead. I do this even though I am Paul, the
ambassador of Christ Jesus, and at present also a prisoner for his sake.
10So I make a request to you on behalf of Onesimus, who is my own son in
Christ; for while in prison I have become his spiritual father. 11At one
time he was of no use to you, but now he is useful both to you and to me.
12I am sending him back to you now, and with him goes my heart. 13I would
like to keep him here with me, while I am in prison for the gospel's sake,
so that he could help me in your place. 14However, I do not want to force
you to help me; rather, I would like for you to do it of your own free
will. So I will not do anything unless you agree. 15It may be that
Onesimus was away from you for a short time so that you might have him
back for all time. 16And now he is not just a slave, but much more than a
slave: he is a dear brother in Christ. How much he means to me! And how
much more he will mean to you, both as a slave and as a brother in the
Lord! 17So, if you think of me as your partner, welcome him back just as
you would welcome me. 18If he has done you any wrong or owes you anything,
charge it to my account. 19Here, I will write this with my own hand: I,
Paul, will pay you back (I should not have to remind you, of course, that
you owe your very self to me.) 20So, my brother, please do me this favor
for the Lord's sake; as a brother in Christ, cheer me up! 21I am sure, as
I write this, that you will do what I ask—in fact I know that you will
do even more. 22At the same time, get a room ready for me, because I hope
that God will answer the prayers of all of you and give me back to you.
23Epaphras, who is in prison with me for the sake of Christ Jesus, sends
you his greetings, 24and so do my co-workers Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and
Luke. 25May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
 
God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer

Hebrews 13:1-3(NLT)