Psalm 17:1-15.

Psalm 17.1-15
(A prayer by David.)
The Prayer of an Innocent Person

"I am innocent, Lord! Won't you listen as I pray and beg for help? I
am honest! Please hear my prayer. Only you can say that I am innocent,
because only your eyes can see the truth. You know my heart, and even
during the night you have tested me and found me innocent. I have made
up my mind never to tell a lie. I don't do like others. I obey your
teachings and am not cruel. I have followed you, without ever
stumbling. I pray to you, God, because you will help me. Listen and
answer my prayer! Show your wonderful love. Your mighty arm protects
those who run to you for safety from their enemies. Protect me as you
would your very own eyes; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Don't let my brutal enemies attack from all sides and kill me. They
refuse to show mercy, and they keep bragging.
They have caught up with me! My enemies are everywhere, eagerly hoping
to smear me in the dirt. They are like hungry lions hunting for food,
or like young lions hiding in ambush. Do something, Lord! Attack and
defeat them. Take your sword and save me from those evil people. Use
your powerful arm and rescue me from the hands of mere humans whose
world won't last. You provide food for those you love. Their children
have plenty, and their grandchildren will have more than enough. I am
innocent, Lord, and I will see your face! When I awake, all I want is
to see you as you are."

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 1:1-25.

Psalm 65:1-13.

Luke 14:25-15:10.