Luke 19:1-10.
Luke 19.1-10
Zacchaeus
"Jesus was going through Jericho, where a man named Zacchaeus lived.
He was in charge of collecting taxes and was very rich. - Jesus was
heading his way, and Zacchaeus wanted to see what he was like. But
Zacchaeus was a short man and could not see over the crowd. So he ran
ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree. When Jesus got there, he
looked up and said, "Zacchaeus, hurry down! I want to stay with you
today." Zacchaeus hurried down and gladly welcomed Jesus. Everyone
who saw this started grumbling, "This man Zacchaeus is a sinner! And
Jesus is going home to eat with him." Later that day Zacchaeus stood
up and said to the Lord, "I will give half of my property to the poor.
And I will now pay back four times as much to everyone I have ever
cheated." Jesus said to Zacchaeus, "Today you and your family have
been saved, because you are a true son of Abraham. The Son of Man
came to look for and to save people who are lost."
Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
God bless you.
Zacchaeus
"Jesus was going through Jericho, where a man named Zacchaeus lived.
He was in charge of collecting taxes and was very rich. - Jesus was
heading his way, and Zacchaeus wanted to see what he was like. But
Zacchaeus was a short man and could not see over the crowd. So he ran
ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree. When Jesus got there, he
looked up and said, "Zacchaeus, hurry down! I want to stay with you
today." Zacchaeus hurried down and gladly welcomed Jesus. Everyone
who saw this started grumbling, "This man Zacchaeus is a sinner! And
Jesus is going home to eat with him." Later that day Zacchaeus stood
up and said to the Lord, "I will give half of my property to the poor.
And I will now pay back four times as much to everyone I have ever
cheated." Jesus said to Zacchaeus, "Today you and your family have
been saved, because you are a true son of Abraham. The Son of Man
came to look for and to save people who are lost."
Father God, forgive my sins. Thank you for sending Jesus Christ down
to die on the cross and for shedding his blood for me. Three days
later you resurrected him. I accept that. I invite Jesus Christ into
my heart as my Lord and savior. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
God bless you.
Comments